TAMPA, FL—MGT Consulting Group (“MGT”or the “Company”), a national leader in high-value public sector management consulting and technology services, announced today it has successfully closed a deal securing Trivest Partners as a minority private equity impact investor. Trivest was attracted to MGT’s impressive growth track record driven by the Company’s core mission of helping public agencies advance performance on behalf of the communities they serve. Funds from the transaction will be used to power growth by supporting investments in innovation, acquisitions, and expanding technology infrastructure.
“MGT’s growth story is a credit to our 45-year legacy of meaningful work, our ability to innovate with agility, and our employees’ deep, personal commitment to our clients. We partner with public professionals across the country to serve citizens by solving complex problems, addressing emerging opportunities and increasing operational performance—which is particularly helpful in our demanding, turbulent public sector environment,” says MGT’s CEO and Chairman, Trey Traviesa. “MGT is laser-focused on growing our ability to create social impact in the communities we serve, especially through M&A.”
Examples of MGT social impact include:
- Protecting client data and information systems with cyber solutions for everything ranging from county child support services to the state elections security monitoring.
- Serving over 5,000 city and county clients with fiscal solutions that help provide public services efficiently and better support financial obligations including employee pensions.
- Contracting as Emergency Operators of failing public schools and school districts in high-poverty communities, impacting 50,000 students and 5,000 teachers and staff to improve academic performance, graduation rates, and financial health.
- Leading more than 220 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion studies, examining local criminal justice systems, public works contracting, and other areas of state and local government operations for disparities.
- Ensuring tribal entities have updated classification, compensation, and benefits systems so they can provide adequate services to their people and recruit and retain the best and brightest talent.
- Leading comprehensive facility master planning projects for large public school districts in support of education innovation and public facilities financing.
- Serving higher education institutions to assess the feasibility of introducing new medical school programs to address rural access to quality health care.
Serving thousands of public sector agencies and communities over its 45-year history, MGT leverages its experience and data with a leading-edge entrepreneurial approach. The company combines the right talent, platforms, and technologies to drive social change in a high-performance culture.
Traviesa continues, “We engaged in this impact investment process to maximize our value to clients and to distinguish MGT as the clear leader in high-value SLED consulting and technology services. As an employee-owned company, each and every member of our team is aligned to create a very special enterprise which leads the industry by serving our clients and the public through meaningful work.”
Jamie Elias, Partner at Trivest says, “We are excited about partnering with MGT because they are building a forward leaning organization that yields powerful social benefits and is unique in the industry. We believe MGT’s opportunity for growth is almost unlimited in the $100 billion SLED services market and we are ready to invest and devote our significant capabilities to support their winning strategy.”
About MGT Consulting
MGT is a national public sector management consulting and technology services firm that delivers diverse consulting services to a wide range of state, local and education clients across the U.S. and abroad. Leveraging a 45-year track record and reputation, MGT’s subject matter experts partner with thousands of public agency leaders to provide trusted solutions that improve government performance and help communities thrive. Visit www.mgtconsulting.com for more.